Can a Similar Surgical Procedure Like That of a Tummy Tuck Be Done Horizontally to Remove Stretch Marks on Love Handles? (photo)

I don't have any stretch marks on my tummy, only my sides. would really love to know if this type of surgery is possible. I know it will leave two huge scars but i'd rather look at two than what appears to be a million stretch marks

+2

The best course of action is NO action for this issue. Realistic expectation is a paramount issue here. There are no therapies/operation that can improve this. 

No good treatment for stretch marks of the flanks.

+2

The stretch marks in the area you indicate are best left alone. Abdominoplasty can remove stretch marks of the lower mid abdomen but not of the flanks.

Procedure Like That of a Tummy Tuck Be Done Horizontally to Remove Stretch Marks on Love Handles

+2

Even were you able to find a surgeon who would consider this approach, the stretch marks are much too extensive to all be removed. You would end up with two huge scars and still have most of your stretch marks. 

All the best.

Consider laser treatment for your stretch marks

+2

To avoid obvious surgical scars at your waistline and flanks, you may want to consider fractional laser treatment. This type of laser can help to make stretch marks much less noticeable. Hope this helps. Thanks for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD