Do some people not have bruising from Pulse laser dye treatment?? If so, why not?

I had a Pulse Laser Dye treatment that lasted 10 mins. for redness associated with a scar on my nose from MOH's surgery one year ago. The derm stated I would be bruised and all the literature and these Q's and A's indicate that brusing should occur. I had no bruising. Should I assume the Derm didn't do the procedure correctly or had the wrong setting that accomplished nothing?

Pulsed Dye Laser and Bruising

+1
The V-Beam is the gold standard for redness and rosacea.  The old pulsed dye lasers left everyone bruised.  The benefit of the newer lasers is that you can accomplish the same results with little or no bruising.
It usually takes several treatments to get the best results.

Pulsed Dye Laser: bruising

+1
There are a number of settings on this laser which determine whether you will experience bruising. There was a recent paper in the Derm Surgery Journal which proved that the results with the use of a non-bruising parameter were just as good as those using a bruising parameter. I would wait 4 weeks to judge your results: don't base it on whether you experienced bruising. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD, FAAD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Bruising after pulsed dye laser

+1
Not everyone gets bruising after a pulsed dye laser treatment.  Factors such as skin type, type of lesion treated and the laser settings can all influence whether bruising occurs or not.  I would wait a month or two and see how the redness looks.  It is possible that your treatment was fine, even without bruising.  Sometimes treatments need to be repeated to get the best result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon