Rhinoplasty and chin implant. Can I get a discount for both procedures?

Is it possible to ask for a bundle pack at lower cost? Like say the nose job is 5k and chin implant is 4k, is it possible to get it done both for a tad cheaper?? I'm not trying to be stingy, but its expensive!!! And i didn't quite expect to be told i should have a chin implant as well. Its a weird thing but i figured if the doctor would do both in one go it would cost less or should cost less?

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
The price on the chin implant is really high, but the rhinoplasty cost is quite reasonable.  You can try to get a better deal or opt out of the chin implant altogether.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1
First and foremost, it would be important to find quality as this is your face.  However, if both procedures are combined, you will likely be able to save some money on the combined OR and anesthesia costs.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Chin implants often compliment a good rhinoplasty

+1
For people who inherently have a weak jaw, a chin implant can significantly accentuate the result of a great rhinoplasty. In my practice, I consider the two procedures to compliment each other and often a chin implant is and "extension" of the rhinoplasty procedure...so yes, I do consider that when pricing for both procedures combined.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

+1
It is better to shop quality, not price since this is your face.If  it is not done right first  time, it will cost  much more in the long run. 

Yes doing procedures together may save you money and recovery time

+1
Some patients would like to combine certain procedures and have it done under one anesthesia. That way they can benefit from one time recovery time and also some discounts as far as procedure fees. We do offer for our patient special discounts if they would like to take advantage of this opportunity. Patient can save some money on surgeon's fee and anesthesia and facility fee. The most common procedures combined together are rhinoplasty/septoplasty/chin augmentation; facelift/blepharoplasty/fat transfer/endoscopic browlift; breast augmentation/mastopexy,  and mommy makeovers like breast and tummy surgery abdominoplasty.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Multiple Procedure Discount #nosejob

+1
It is actually our job to assess the chin when we assess the nose because the two go together. It is possible to get a discount but this is surgeon dependent. We usually give a discount on the second and cheaper procedure of the two. Everyone is different in how they handle this. Bottom line is it does cost money to do these things and most of us are in the same neighborhood of cost. You just need to ask if you can have the second procedure discounted. If you do not like what you hear get a second opinion. But, if you find the surgeon you connect with and trust, then pay the price. It will be well worth it in the end because trust and honesty are the things you want from your surgeon. It will carry you throughout the entire process of pre op, surgery and then your post operative care.

Richard J. Brown, MD

+1
Yes, typically, there is a discount for more than one procedure.  Of course, it is wisest to speak with the surgeon and feel confident that he/she is qualified for these procedures.  At that point, you can discuss discounts and I'm sure be able to come to a mutual cost.

Bundled Procedures

+1
Most offices will charge less for bundled procedures for the following reasons:
  • Anesthesia and facility fees are typically less after the first hour
  • Time-there is less time to do two procedures on one patient at the same time, then there is to do two procedures on the same patient at two different times.  in addition, followup appointments are all coordinated together

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty And Chin Implant

+1
Rhinoplasty And Chin Implant

Most doctors will discount the second procedure.  Our cost for chin augmentation is much reduced at the time of rhinoplasty.

Bundle?

+1
Usually secondary procedures are charged a lower rate.  But every surgeon is different in their charges.
Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD