Had Sillcone Put in my Face a Year Ago Really Want It out. Only Had It Done One Time. Options?

face is swelling someetimes it hruts on one side really want it out please help

Silicone removal from the lips and face

+1

Silicone injections are difficult to treat, but there are several options available to patients who suffer from swelling and granulomas associated with silicone injections.  Surgical options can also be used to remove silicone.  Treatment should be performed by a knowledgeable plastic surgeon.  In my plastic surgery practice in Los Angeles, I have had enormous success with the removal of silicone. 

Silicone Injections

+1

Unfortunately it is difficult to see what you are describing in the picture.  Regardless, I recommend you follow up with the physician who injected the silicone to discuss options to improve your results.  In our practice, we do a tremendous amount of silicone work and have never had a situation where a patient was over-corrected or "wanted it out".  However, we have been referred patients who were improperly injected and/or over-injected by other physicians and have been asked to help resolve the issue.  There are treatment options for reversing the augmentation achieved by the silicone.  Hope this helps!

Channing R. Barnett, MD