Silk Peel Microderm-infusion Treatments While Taking Accutane?

Is it possible to have Silk Peel Microderm-infusion treatments (the hydration option) while taking Accutane?

Silk Peel Microdermabrasion

+1

I would wait at least 3 months after taking Accutane (isotretinoin) before undergoing a chemical peel or microdermabrasion since the skin is quite sensitive while you're on Accutane and for some time afterwards, and doesn't heal as well.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Can SilkPeel with the hydrating serum be performed while on Accutane?

+1

Your skin is very sensitive while on Accutane so it is best not to use microdermabrasion.  You must treat your skin very gently.  If it is too dry, use a gentle, moisturizing cleanser and a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, which helps retain the moisture in your skin.  Remember to drink plenty of water.  You may have a SilkPeel treatment 8 to 12 weeks after discontinuing Accutane.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Silkpeels and Accutane

+1

I have may patients on Accutane who do Silkpeels concurrently. The technician will need to use a lighter strength tip on it, but the infused solutions very much help the skin!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD