Possible to Have Silitex Augmentation Only on Upper Nose Bridge?

I am a Asian. My nose has a pointed tip, not flat or bended. So I dont want any nose tip work but a bit higher bridge on my bridge from the mid-part. Is it possible to have augmentation only on upper nose bridge using silitex which can be offered in my country?

Rhinoplasty to augment Asian nasal bridge

Asian augmentation rhinoplasty is usually performed with silastic implants.  The ones that we prefer are manufactured by Implantech and are the Flowers nasal dorsal implant.  They come in small, medium, large, and extra large sizes.  The size is determined at the time of the consultation.  They have an excellent safety record and are tolerated quite well by patients.  This will give a nice dorsal augmentation to a flat Asian nose.  

Asian rhinoplasty

Siltex is a breast implant/expander made by mentor. Silitex is a Korean company that makes contamination control fabrics. I assume you mean injectable silicone or a silicone nasal implant. Your choices for augmenting the bridge are your own cartilage or an implant (solid silicone, goretex or medpor). Each type of implant has its own pros and cons.

Once you have decide what to use for the bridge augmentation the next question is what part of the bridge to augment. You will have to either use double thickness over the upper half of the bridge, cut some cartilage and use a single thickness over the whole bridge or only augment the upper half of the bridge. I prefer the first option. If you only augment the upper half of the bridge the bottom of the implant in the middle of the bridge will not look good. In that case crushed cartilage is a better option but the amount of augmentation would then be more limited. There is an implant that only augments the radix area (concave area at the root of the nose) but I do not think that would work for you.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Nasal Bridge Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. To fill the gap you refer to in your question, you can consider a cartilage allograft or silicone filler. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Asian rhinoplasty to augment nasal bridge

Yes, it is possible to augment just the nasal bridge with an implant  when having a rhinoplasty.  You referred to Silitex, this is a brand of breast implant, I believe you meant injectable silicone or a silicone implant.  Of the two, I would strongly suggest a solid silicone or silastic implant over injectable silicone.  Should you develop an infection after the surgery, the solid implant will be much easier to remove than injected silicone.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon