Is It Still Possible to Get the Silimed 1000cc Cohesive Gel Breast Implants?

I am 5'9 165lbs and I currently have 5 year old 800cc Saline filled implants and would like to go larger and change to a cohesive gel implant, I know the FDA were allowing the Silimed 1000cc implants on a trial basis, but don't know if it is still possible to get them done. Any information would be great!

Silimed breast implants for augmentation

+1

To the best of my knowledge, Silimed is not available in the USA nor under the auspices of the FDA for augmentation mammaplasty

Silimed implant sin the US

+1

I am not aware of any research protocols in the United States that authorizes the use of silimed implants.

Silimed implants

+1

I am not aware of any Silimed implant trials in the US. They are currently not FDA approved. One option is to contact Silimed and find out whether there are any centers with FDA trials going on.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Large implants

+1

I am not aware of silicone implants beyond the 800 cc range.  Saline implants can be slightly larger, but will often lead to rippling.  People have "stacked" or doubled implants in the past to achieve a very large size, but this is far from the standard practice.  In general, the larger the implant, the greater the risk of complications.  I would visit a few different plastic surgeons and review your options.

Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

Largest Gel Implant made?

+1

800cc is the largest gel implants that I am aware is available.  However, Saline Implants could get up close to 1000cc if you wanted. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants may not be the answer

+1

There was at one time interest in getting Silimed implants approved in the US.  At this point I know of no clinical trials in the US.  Allergan and Mentor do not make standard gel implants in the range you are requesting.  It is possible that you would be better served using smaller implants with a breast lift to give you better shape.  After all time weight and gravity will not be on your side using large implants.  

Silimed Breast Implants

+1
Silimed implants are not FDA approved. You will have to find a center involved in clinical trials. The only other option would be to go out of the country. Both Allergan and Mentor do not offer 1000cc silicone gel implants. Good luck.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon