Silikon-1000 Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I would like a permanent fix for my lack of projection and bulbous nasal tip. I understand that pictures are no substitute for a thorough examination. However, I would love some opinions. Am I a good candidate for Silikon-1000? How many treatments would I need? What is the estimated cost for the treatments? Thank you!

Permanent result after rhinoplasty - Avoid permanent fillers

+1
Soft tissue fillers can be used in certain situations to correct deformities of the nose. One of the more common uses is to augment the dorsum (enlarge the bridge) as is commonly required in Asian patients.  

There are several important considerations when using soft tissue fillers in the nose to improve safety and prevent both short and long term complications. Use temporary fillers NOT permanent (Silicone, Artecol). All synthetic, permanent fillers are fraught with disastrous complications including chronic granulomas and infections that cannot be corrected. Use gel fillers NOT particulate (Radiesse, Sculptra). The amount of filler injected at one time must not be excessive as this can cause problems with not only the appearance but also the blood supply. Hyaluronic acid fillers are ideal for injection into the nose as they are temporary (usually last for over 1 year) and gel. Additionally, if too much filler is injected or there are problems with blood flow to the nose, an enzyme (hyaluronidase) can be injected to dissolve the product and reduce the risk of skin loss and scarring. Both Juvederm and Restylane are commonly used hyaluronic acid fillers.

If you want a permanent result, then you should also consider rhinoplasty surgery. You should discuss all of your options with your surgeon to decide what best for future treatments.

Silikon-1000 Rhinoplasty?

+1
I think that the type of change you will need will not be well served by injections.  A closed rhinoplasty to improve the tip would be better.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Semipermanent Volumizers Are Excellent And Safe For Nonsurgical Nose Jobs

+1

Liquid silicone (Silikon-1000), Artefill, and Bioalcamid are all permanent fillers, meaning they contain material that is foreign to the body (not natural) and hence cannot be broken down and eliminated by the body's normal systems. On the surface of things, it would appear that injecting a permanent filling material would be the ideal situation, since it would be a one time treatment. 

In fact, while the upside of a using a permanent, non-metabolizable filler is that it is permanent, the downside is that it is permanent. Meaning that if you don't like the results of treatment, these unwanted results are permanent. Permanent fillers cannot be dissolved away, nor, even with surgery that may leave scars, can they always be entirely removed.

Now, even if we do get the desired result, it must also be remembered that what might look great today may look awkward, bizarre or strange one, five or ten years down the road when age-related changes take place around the injected material. In addition, there have been many reports of granuloma (bumps and lumps) formation at the injection sites that have occurred as long as twenty years after injection--reactions that are very difficult to treat. I have personally treated several patients like this who received permanent fillers in Europe many years earlier. 

For this reason, after fifteen years of experience performing nonsurgical rhinosculpturing, I suggest the use of semipermanent volumizers for nonsurgical nose jobs, such as Radiesse alone or in combination with Voluma (in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) and Radiesse alone or combined with Resylane SQ (in my Israel practice where this agent is regulatory agency approved). The Radiesse is biodegradable with time and the hyaluronic acid products can be immediately be dissolved with hyaluronidase should the need arise. My suggestion is be wary of permanent fillers; they are foreign to the body, and follow the KISS philosophy--i.e. keep it simple by using safe and proven semipermanent volumizers that allow for relatively long-lasting improvements, reversibility, and little concern for late developing granulomatous complications..And of course, only seek treatment at the hands of a board certified core physician with extensive experience in performing nonsurgical rhinoplasties.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Silikon-1000 is to be Avoided in the Nose

+1
Although fillers can help in developing a stronger nasal bridge in the nose, I would strongly suggest that you avoid any injectable silicone products in this area.  The amount of Silikon-1000 that would be required to achieve a substantial result would place you at high risk for irregularities that can be very difficult to correct.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon