Can Silikon 1000 Be Removed if Injections Were Done Less Than 6 Month Ago? (photo)

Can silikon 1000 be removed if injections were done less than 6 months ago? i found a couple of doctors that specialize in the removal of injected silicone. I had micro droplets injected in my nose in mostly above the dorsal hump. i can still feel the silicone in my nose so maybe the silicone has not fully integrated into my tissue? Heres a photo. any info will help thanks.

Silicone cannot be removed completely

+1

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.

Correcting Silicone Injections

+1

While it is not possible to remove the silicone that was injected to your nose several months ago, there are other techniques which can be utilized to so-called melt away the silicone that was injected.  One of these techniques includes injecting diluted kenalog into the area which breaks up and the melts away the silicone. I recommend you consult with someone experienced in using liquid injectable silicone.

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=16

+1

Hi,

Unfortunately, I dont think this silicone can be removed. It would do more harm than good to remove the silicone. If you have a visible deformity, you may consider a revision rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com