Silikon 1000 to Correct Nose After Several Revision Rhinoplasties?

I've had 6 revision rhinos. Based on responses I've received on this site, sounds like another revision is a bad idea. Would it be possible to fix remaining issues with Silikon 1000? Could Silikon 1000 be used to fix the alar notching on my left nostril, giving my nostril a more rounded look? Could it be injected into the supra alar crease above my right nostril to build it up so it looks more like my left nostril? What are the risks when injecting Silikon in nose? Will it look bad years later?

Correcting notched or asymmetric nostrils with cartilage is preferable

+2

Notching and/or asymmetry of the nostrils is a relatively uncommon occurrence which can take place after rhinoplasty for a few reasons. The first is related to closure of the incisions just inside the nostril rims. If the stitches are placed too close to the edge of the nostril, the edge of the nostril on one side can be lifted higher than the other side. This issue corrects itself within a few weeks after surgery as the stitches dissolve. The second reason would be if the tip cartilages are positioned in an asymmetric manner, which could be related to how they are stitched to one another or to cartilage grafts around the tip of the nose. The third cause of these issues is related to how much the tip cartilages (or underlying internal lining of the nose) are trimmed when refining the tip of the nose. If too much of the cartilage is removed, the nostrils lose support. This can result in pinching, notching, or upward retraction of the nostrils, causing excessive visibility of the nostrils from the front or side views. 

An in-person examination of your nose by a revision rhinoplasty specialist would be necessary to assess the cause of your tip asymmetry and notching. I would advise using your own cartilage (nasal septum or ear) to correct the issues which are of concern to you. This is a much safer approach than the injection of liquid silicone (Silikon 1000), the serious risks of which the other surgeons on this page have very nicely summarized.

I absolutely appreciate your concern about having undergone six prior rhinoplasty surgeries but luckily the issues which are persistent in your nose at this point are relatively straightforward and safe to correct for surgeons who regularly perform revision rhinoplasty surgery. They can likely be addressed through a short procedure, which can comfortably be performed under light IV sedation or local anesthesia. 

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone injection

+2

Silicone is approved for retinal detachment.

NOT APPROVED AS A FILLER.

In the 1960s and 70s lots of silicone injection were in voque, resulted in huge problems.

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for nasal rejuvenation after multiple rhinoplasty surgeries.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

The two photos on the left look similar. In my practice, Silikon-1000 works well for improving nostril retraction and for filling deep supra-alar creases. I can't tell if you would be a candidate without examining you. Your nostril margin must feel soft to achieve nostril lowering. Cartilage crafting along your alar margins tends to limit results from microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections.

Complications associated with Silikon-1000 nasal injections are infrequent and occur less than 1% in my patients. Prolonged redness or bumps at the sites of injection may occur infrequently.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Silicone For Nasal Defects

+1

Even though liquid silicone has legitimate medical uses, it is specifically not FDA approved for use as a nasal filling material. There are numerous reports of granulomas, infections, and even skin loss after the use of silicone in the nose. There are reports of minimal defects being treated with micro-injections of this material by experienced surgeons. In order to make the changes you request, a larger amount would be necessary and put the skin under intense pressure. That is a recipe for disaster. I would recommend seeking opinions from experienced rhinoplasty surgeons, and stay away from the silicone.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon