Am I A Candidate For Silikon 1000 For Rolling Acne Scars While on Accutane?

I'm a 25 year old male taking Accutane. I expect to finish at the end of April or begining of May. I know I shouldn't have surgery on Accutane, but I was wondering if anyone has filled rolling scars using Silikon 1000 or similar on someone who was taking Accutane. I plan to ask my dermatologist her opinion during my next appointment, but I don't think she will be familiar with anything cosmetically related and will just advice against it.

Silikon 1000 For Acne Scars While On Accutane

+2

In our practice we do a tremendous amount of silicone injections for acne scarring.  It does beautifully with rolling acne scars. That being said, I prefer not to inject patients while they are on Accutane.  In general, it is best to avoid elective cosmetic treatments to the skin while on Accutane.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist with expertise in treating acne scars once you have finished your Accutane course.  The link below shows before and after photos of acne scars treated with liquid injectable silicone.