Ask a doctor

Silicone Testicular Prosthesis

Three years ago i had a testicular prosthesis put in . A liquid silicone ,i think its started to leak and i am expiriencing lumps and swelling, what proceadure is recomended to follow.

Doctor Answers 1

Silicone prosthesis rupture

It sounds like there has been a rupture and will need replacement. It is normal to have some inglammatory response to silicone in tissue. You should talk to your urologist who placed it.

Have a question? Ask a doctor

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.