Silicone Sling Material Visible Through the Foreheard Suture. 3rd Week Post Ptosis Surgery? (photo)

What is to be done my dr told me to come & see after a month .. but post 1st week surgery the sling material is pretty much seen coming out of the forehead suture .. should i leave it like that or should i hurry up to my dr & get it reduced asap ?? will another surgery be needed to be reduced it or not ?regarding my eye lid contour ? I think the nasal side of the eye lid is not properly approximated which gives a bad sigmoid shape will i be needing a re-surgery ?

Silicone Sling Material Visible Through the Foreheard Suture. 3rd Week Post Ptosis Surgery?

+1

Sorry for the issues. But you need the exposed portion of the sling removed before a sinus tract forms and a possible infection. And yes further surgery is needed. 

You should see your surgeon.

+1

The silicone sling and suture should not be extruding and should be revised. It is best that you see your surgeon asap. The longer the sling is exposed, the higher likelihood that it can become infected and need to be removed completely.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis Complication

+1

I agree with the other physician.  You need to go see your surgeon.  This problem need to be addressed.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon

Go see your surgeon

+1

when the silicone tubing is extruding and visible that will not get better. You need to know have this revised but it doesn't necessarily mean that the tube needs to be exchanged completely. I've had many cases where the tubing starts to extrude and become visible even weeks to months after a successful surgery. Some patients are just prone to this. In those cases I tend to use fascia grafts from the leg or other areas to perform the frontalis sling.

Go see your surgeon

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon