Can I Have the Silicone L Shape Implant Taken out of my Nose? It's Been 23 Years.

When I was about 14 years old I got a nose job. I am not asian but I think I got an asian type of reshaping. My bridge was very flat. 23 years later I am really wanting the plastic out of my face. I wouldn't care if I had a flat bridge. I think the piece has dropped and I've never liked it that the sun can shine through it in daylight...The photo below is what it looks like now.

Silicone Nasal Implant Removal and Revision

+1

Yes, the implant can be easily removed if its appearance is unsatisfactory or its placement has shifted.  Removal of the implant will most likely leave you with a flattened bridge or "saddle nose" deformity.  Therefore, I would strongly suggest removal of the artificial implant and revision with autologous graft materials (tissue from your body).  I find much success with utilizing diced cartilage (ear, septum, or rib) grafts wrapped in temporalis fascia for your situation.  If you have any further questions feel free to contact me....Good Luck .....Dr. Corrado

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant

+1

The implant can be removed, but you may not like the appearance of your nose. Discuss your options with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon and at least consider  placement of cartilage grafts after silicone removal.

Silicone implant can be removed easily.

+1

The problem is that you may not like the lower bridge after the implant is removed. Your own septal or ear cartilage can be used to fix this at the same time. See an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon.