Is There Any Silicone in Restylane?

Silicone in Restylane?

+1

There is not siliocne in restylane and personally I would avoid silicone injections because I think that long term you can get into trouble with the product.

There is no silicone and Restylane

+1

Restylane is a very popular and effective hyaluronic acid-base dermal filler. It has been used widely throughout the face for the correction of deep lines and wrinkles. The active ingredient in Restylane is hyaluronic acid. This is the same ingredient that is in the ground substance of human skin. They do not add silicone to Restylane.

Pat Pazmino, MD

No Silicone in Restylane

+1

There is no silicone in Restylane.

The active ingredient in Restylane is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring compound in the body. Hyaluronic acid has the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and occurs in much higher percentages in babies' skin.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

No silicone in Restylane

+1

Two entirely different substances. Agree with Dr. Persky. If your injector is practicing in a hotel room, or any situation where you think 60 minute cameras should be there instead of you, it's time to exit stage left as that great American wit Snagglepuss was wont to remark.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

If There is Silicone in It, It is Not Restylane

+1

Hi Iggy,

No, there is not silicone in Restylane. I have recently seen a group of patients who were told that they recieved Restylane, but the product remained unchanged in their lips for two years. They were injected by a "doctor" in NYC who came to their hotel room, has no office, and recieves phone calls only on his cell phone.

Patients need to be careful about whom they choose to inject them with fillers.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD