Silicone Came out from Nose Incision Area

I had a nose implant 4 months ago. 2 months later, I realised that the silicone inside my nose came out from the nose incision area and appeared beside my nostril. It is in solid form and was getting obvious day by day. Can I know whether I can only remove these solid piece of silicon? Why did this happen and what should I do now?

Silicone implants can extrude from the nose

+2

What you are describing sounds like the extrusion of your silicone implant from your nose.  it is very urgent that you see a Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon as the exposure of the implant to the outside world can lead to a serious infection in the nose. The implant should be removed and, if needed, replaced with a cartilage graft, taken from your own nasal septum, ear or rib. 

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Extruding silicone implant after rhinoplasty

+1

You should go see your surgeon immediately. You will be at a higher risk of infection, and I'm sure your surgeon would want to address it immediately. I would consider removal and replacement with your own cartilage.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exposed Silicone Nasal Implant

+1

Once a silicone implant becomes exposed, it will extrude. Have your surgeon remove the implant to minimize tissue damage as the the silicone continues to come through the nasal lining or skin. Antibiotics will be prescribed to treat the contamination or infection.

Exposed nasal implant

+1

If you have an exposed nasal implant, then I suggest you contact your surgeon ASAP to have him evaluate it. It will have to come out and then be replaced at a later date if possible.

Exposed silicone nose implant

+1

Once exposed the implant should be removed and the nose allowed to heal prior to proceeding with any subsequent procedures for a minimum of 3-4 months and quite possibly longer.

Silicone Implant Extrusion

+1

The silicone implant(s) need to be removed.  I would recommend that you start on oral antibiotics and once the infection has cleared, consider replacing the implants with your own (autologous) cartilage.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Implant Extruding

+1

Hi,

It sounds like the implant is extruding. You defiantly  need to have it removed. Silicone implants usually do not come out if they are placed properly. Anyway, go back to your surgeon so he/she can remove it.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Silicone implant can be removed easily.

+1

You need to have the surgeon who put it in remove it. You may wish to have a revision rhinoplasty surgeon revise this with cartilage.

Go and see your doctor

+1

You need to see your doctor immediately. If the surgeon who performed your surgery is not in your area then you need to find an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon in your area that can help you with this problem. If you implant is exposed you are at increased risk for infection and it needs to be addressed immediately.

Bernard Shuster, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon