Silicone Nose Implant Removal After 4 Days?

I had filler injection on my nose for 2 times. Finally, I decided to go for Rhinoplasty. Surgeon removed the injected filler and implanted silicone on my nose. I wasn't happy with the result. So, I removed it 4 days after having nose implant. I'm not sure if the surgeon removed only the filler or some tissues on the top of my nose (not nose tip). Q : Will my nose get back to normal shape (as it was before operation) and how long will it take? Q : Will the tissues be re-occured if they were cutoff?

Swelling after nasal implant removal

+3
Swelling should improve but it may take months. Shape should be similar as long as things heal well. Good luck

Silicone nasal implant

+3

If you remove the nasal implant, then your nose should go back to where it was before if it was done fairly recently.

Removal of Silicone Implant

+3

Thank you for your question. A picture would be helpful, however some general comments here will help. You are only 4 days out so the swelling will take months if not a year to totally resolve. Give this time and be patient. That is the best advice any of us can give you since we have no idea what actually was done. Stay in close contact with your surgeon and office for support. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Removal of Silicone Implant

+1

Hi,

If the silicone implant was removed from your  nose, your nose should go back to what it was prior to the implant insertion. However, the injected implant is there to stay and you may see some of that.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS