Silicone Moderate Plus 339cc or 371cc better for me?

I'm currently a 32A looking to become a full C and no larger than that. I went to see a surgeon for a consultation and was given two choices, both silicone moderate plus: 339cc(12.4 diameter) or 371cc(12.9). From what I recall my BWD is 12cm. I'm going with under the muscle for a more natural look. I am 5'0" and 97lbs. I'm not sure which size to go with?!? Please help

The difference between 339 and 371 moderate plus implants is minimal

+1
Choosing an implant size is the greatest source of anxiety for breast augmentation patients.  You're not alone having a hard time deciding which way to go.  But ultimately, realize that the difference is virtually insignificant.  Given this fact, go with the bigger implant. Reason is... it makes no difference but this way you won't suffer from regret wishing you had chosen the bigger implant (because 9 out of 10 patients with they and gone bigger)

Best Implant Size For A 32 Inch Chest (Bra)

+1

These are both two large to go from a 32 A to a 32 C. Please review my previous answers on implant size for more information. The size range for you would be closer to 250-275 cc. The profile depends upon the width or diameter. I would get some other opinion.

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you from an A to a C. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 339 cc or 371 cc implants are too large, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Implant Size Selection

+1
Thank you for your question. I recognize this is important to women. The size difference in these two implants is very small (approximately 1 tablespoon). In overall appearance after your augmentation there will not be a notable difference. Make your choice with the help of your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Without a thorough physical exam I can not give you a specific answer between the two, but I will say based on the numbers you describe I think those implants may be on the large side for your frame. I find I am able to give my petite patients a beautiful result with a smaller implant that better fits their frame. I hope this helps. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Dimensions are important

+1
Thanks for your question. Given your height and weight as well as your base diameter, it is hard to recommend a large implant. You mentioned you are having them placed under the muscle to look more natural. A 339CC implant might fit. A 371CC will be too big in my opinion. If you are 5' tall and a 32A then these two sizes you have suggested will make you a 32D or DD in most bras. Implants are like shoes. There is an ideal size for every person. Hopefully you can find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPs member through the Smart Beauty Guide to help you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Silicone implant size?

+1
The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
There is no way we can comment on what something will look like on an individual without knowing what the individual looks like. But in general for your small frame either of those is going to look very big.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What size of implants is right for me

+1
Hi. Without a photo and seeing how much loose skin you have I can't give you an exact answer. This is not a large size difference - if you want to be as natural as possible then going under the muscle will be best, and probably the smaller size if you only want to be a C cup and you are 5'0".
Try to find someone with a Vectra 3D imaging machine in your area to simulate your breast augmenation result - in a recent article (Oct 2013) of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.132: 810, 2013.), the main Plastic Surgery Journal worldwide, the 3D imaging VECTRA machine was found to be beneficial for patients considering breast augmentation surgery.
The article concluded that patients prefer a center that offers three-dimensional imaging technology; they feel that the simulation is very accurate and helps them greatly in choosing the implant; and that if they could go back in time, they would choose the same implant again.
All the best with your decision. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1
Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be better for you.  If it is a questions of volume, then there is not a huge difference. You can do a baggy test to see for yourself.

Breast implant size

+1
It can be very confusing when three different surgeons give you three different opinions. Unfortunately, it's quite common because plastic surgery is just as much a form of art as it is a form of science.
particularly when placed under the muscle, but because we size with actual implants, to me it is the best teaching tool.
It is not uncommon in my own practice for patient to bring a friend or family member and a variety of different blouses and spend a good deal of time looking at the implants well before surgery.
So here's some basic thinking that may be of help As a general rule when my patients size their implants I like them to look at themselves with the actual implants in place in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because implants can lose some projection to you:
When you look at implants on your frame don't just think about the size of the breast, but think about how it balances with the width of your shoulders as well as your hips. If an implant as to wide it will make you look top heavy, if an implant is too narrow it will look like a torpedo. In my own practice I try to focus on this relationship, and to me the width of the implant is almost more important than the volume itself.
Once you find the width of the implant that gives a nice overall balance with the hips then you can change the cup size by going high, moderate or low profile.
If you're agonizing between two sizes I generally recommend you go slightly larger, because it is very rare to hear patients say," I wish I had gone smaller".
Sometimes a patient who needs a breast lift is encouraged to go with a larger implant to to try and avoid the lift. I think that this is a mistake. I personally feel that it's better to get the size breast you want and let the lift happen if it's necessary.
Lastly, as a slender person it is always harder to have a more natural result. Patients with less breast tissue do not provide as much camouflage to help hide the implant. I always prefer a submuscular implant because it adds one more layer of tissue to help hide the implant from the outside world. In very slender patients I prefer silicone gel implants because they tend to look more natural as well. Even though you are slender, pick an implant that is wide enough to fill the chest appropriately. If you go too narrow, it can sometimes looked even less natural, smaller is not always more natural looking.
I hope these things that I've said are making sense, I hope I've been able to add some clarification in sizing for you. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS