Silicone Micro Droplet Treatment Migration to Lungs?

Can One Silicone Micro Droplet Treatment Migrate to the Lungs? I Had One Treatment a Year Ago and I'm Still Scared from Hearing This. 

Silicone injections to the face

There are many aspects of silicone complications that have not been described in the clinical setting. That is one of the reasons many surgeons, including myself, do not advocate silicone microdroplet injection. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Siicone innjections

I am not a fan of silicone microdorplet inejctions. I have seen plenty of patients with granulomas and FLF's (funny looking faces) after too much has been injected or placed too superficially.

A well-performed microdroplet, serial-puncture silicone treatment will not lead to migration of product.

In my practice, I have found liquid injectable silicone to be a safe, permanent, and precise off-label filler. During a typical treatment, less than 1/5 of a teaspoon of silicone is used. I have not seen migration of silicone in any of my patients. The permanence, and lack of migration has been well documented provided the proper technique of administration is employed.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon