Norway Silicone Lip Injection Correction Doctor Recommendations

I had Silicone injected to my lips 8 years ago. The result is not very over dimensional or obvious, however, the lips looks uneven and one side is a bit larger and more swollen looking than the other. I am now hoping to find a surgeon that may correct the appearance of my lips. I am hoping for any advice, and most of all for a recommendation of a good surgeon with experience on correcting lips deformed by Silicone.

Surgical correction for silicone to the lips

+1

When silicone is injected into the delicate tissue of the lips, it can unfortunately create granulomas, excess scaring, or unevenness. 

Unfortunately, this silicone can not be squeezed out or broken down with enzymes like other dermal fillers.

Your best bet is to work with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with lip augmentation and contouring. 

Silicone injections and treatment of silicone complications

+1

Silicone injections can cause volume deformity, deformation of contour, inflammation, and infection. On the lips, the exact symmetry is often lost, leading to assymetric labia and unsightly appearance. Treatment is designed to minimize further deformity and treat the inflammatory reaction in the soft tissue.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS