Silicone Injections to the Buttocks 8 Years Ago, Have Developed Knots, Should I Be Concerned?

I had 9 silicone injections to my buttocks in 2003. I have developed knots. I do not have pain and I am not sickly should I be concerned.

+1

The popularity of Silicone injections for augmentation (Face, Lips, Nose, Buttocks etc) comes in waves of increasing and receding popularity. It is truly reflective of stupid human nature and greed that many of us lack a strong sense of learning from past mistakes while others are devoid of any ethical considerations on what they inflict on a fellow human being.

Silicone is NOT Silicone is NOT Silicone. The vast majority of buttock augmentations are done with industrial grade silicone which was supposed to end up caulking a bathtub, shower or kitchen sink NOT end up inside a human being. As a result, there is ALWAYS scarring (nodules) which in some case feels like your are sitting on marbles or ball bearings. In many cases the surface is dimpled and discolored. Removal of scar lumps is associated with severe and permanent scarring and dimpling requiring many reconstructive procedures.

In your case, you need to consult with several Plastic surgeons and see what is the best choice for you. Either way, the choice will not be easy.  Truly regrettable.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Silicone Injections Into Buttock

+1

Silicone injections for buttock augmentation is always fraught with complications...eventually!  Unfortunately, there are still physicians (and other non-physicians) using this material for buttock augmentation.  The complications can be minor but usually turn into something more major with severe scar tissue formation and skin discolorations eventually requiring surgery to remove it.  Problem is surgical removal may leave deforming scars or depressions.  Bottom line, I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Silicone Injection

+1

Silicone injection to the Buttocks or any where is not a smart idea. The silicone injected is bougt from the hardware store. The lumps you are feeling are " SILICONE GRANULOMAS"

They will get worse with time. Removal will leave you with major deformities of the buttocks that will require reconstruction and may require multiple procedures.