Will Some Silicone I Had Injected 6 Years Ago Be an Issue for Me Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I had the upper portion of my butt injected with silicone about 6 years ago, I only went 3 times when I found out about the risks I never went back. I have not had any complications so far Thank God. I am really wanting to get a brazilian butt lift done but I am concerned will this be an issue for me getting the fat transfer? I would like the lower portion to even out with the top potion Please can someone tell me if it is ok to get a brazilian butt lift even with some silicone in your buttock?

Ok to Get Brazilian ButtLift With Silicone in Buttocks?

+2

I have had to remove silicone from the buttocks and then perform the transfer.  I have not performed the procedure on someone with silicone.  I am not sure if anyone knows the extent of additional risk you may incur as a result of the silicone.

Silicone injections into the buttock

+1

With your history of multiple injections of silicone at different times, I would not recommend fat transfer to the buttock.  Too many potential complications, I don't think its worth it.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate, Silicone injections

+1

As has been stated by others and suspected by you injection or suctioning of fat into an area that has been injected with silicone is a high risk procedure.

Irregularities with resultant deformity should be expected if performed.

How much risk are you willing to take to shape your buttocks?

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

BBL after silicone injections?

+1

This is a complicated issue and you really need proper evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in BBLs. It will depend on how much scar tissue and foreign body reaction you have from your silicone injections. There is probably no reason why you can't have a BBL but if you have lumps and bumps fromthe silicone, these will remain and may become more noticeable. Again, you need a proper evaluation to be sure.

Matthew Schulman, MD

In person consultation.

+1

Thank you for the pictures, This is one of those cases where its best if your evaluated in person by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. for him/her to evaluate your body and the silicone that was previously injected, And be able to take your case. He/She needs to evaluate the areas where the silicone is situated and if we could work around it, and the amount of scar tissue in the area. This will determine is your a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift with silicone injections

+1

Hello. I would not perform a Brazilian Butt Lift on you due to the silicone injections. Silicone injections increase the risk of deformity and large scale infections due to excess scarring. It is risky because if fat is placed is placed next to silicone it could compromise the blood supply killing the fat.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Its hard to know but may be ok if done gradually

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yours is a difficult question to answer since the amount, location, and type of silicone injected is hard to know.  I have performed buttock fat grafting on someone who had silicone injections done and there were no issues afterwards.  Since you are getting the fat placed in the lower half of your buttocks and the silicone injections were placed in the upper half of your buttocks you will likely be fine but there is some uncertainty and elevated risk that cannot be accurately determined.  You may select to get a moderate amount of fat placed to minimize the risk of complications and then possibly come back and get more at a later date if needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Brazilian Butt lift fat transfer after silicone injections

+1

In my opinion it is risky to get fat injections after silicone injections to the gluteal area.  The reason for this is that silicone injections are permanent and very difficult to remove, and when performing a brazilian butt lift the surgeon cannot see where the silicone droplets are located.  Fat transfers survive initially by obtaining blood supply and nutrients from the sorrounding tissue.  If fat is placed next to silicone droplets, it may not survive, forming either oil cysts or hard lumps called fat necrosis.  Unfortunately most patients are not aware of the risks of silicone injections to the butt and this is exactly the reason why this procedure is ILLEGAL AND NOT FDA APPROVED IN THE US.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon