Silicone Implants. What Would You Recommend For My Frame?

Hello, I am 5'9 and my weight is 138lbs. I am deciding on getting 500 or 550 high profile silicone implants. Right now I have saline implants, they are 380 filled up to 450. I am a C and want to be a D. I do not have tissue, was flat before my implants. Which size implants would you recommend?

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Bigger implant

+1

I think this is a call mad ein the or.Take out the old and see what space is available and remember the surgeon has to be able to close the incision.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing.

+1

In order to increase your cup size, an increase in implant volume of 450-500cc is unlikely to make much of a difference. However, it is important to note that oversized implants have significant problems including rippling, malposition, and dropping over time. Without an actual exam, it is impossible to make a recommendation on size. If you are uncertain, why not see a few more board certified plastic surgeons before making your decision?

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What Would You Recommend For My Frame?

+1

Dear Daniela,

Choosing implant size is always a big concern for a woman. You want to get it right the first time. From your short description, my recommendation to you is rely less on the number size of the implant and more on just how the implants look on you when you look in the mirror. You have 450cc implants. Going to 500cc gel isn't going to get you much more. You need to try looking at implants and think of how much larger you want to go. When you already have implants, this is a bit more difficult. Sometimes what I have women do in that case is to fill a ziplock bag with rice or moist rice (so it sticks together better) and keep filling the bag until they like the size. Then measure the amount - and always go a little more.

Brett Edward Lehocky, MD
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after implants

+1

Usually a bump up in cup size requires about 150 or more cc's.  This will give you a rough idea.  Good luck.

Silicone implants for my frame.

+1

Breast implant size is a very personal and sometimes difficult thing to get correct.  In your case without pictures it makes it much harder.  Being that you are 450 cc already, going up to 500 cc probable is not worth the expense.  At that size you need to move up at least 75-100 cc to get a noticeable difference.  You might consider going even bigger like 600 or so.  When you go and see your board certifed plastic surgeon be sure to really decribe what you want.  So that she or he can make your dreams a reality.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

El Implante de senos es algo muy personal y algunas veces  dificil de escojer correctamente. En su caso sin ver las fotos es todavia mas dificil. Para irse de 450cc que es su tamaño actual a 500cc, creo que no vale la pena el gasto. Al tamaño que usted tiene ahora lo recomendable es irse de 75 a 100cc para que se pueda ver la diferencia. Usted deve de considerar 600cc. Cuando usted vaya a ver su cirujano certificado acuerdese de describirle correctamente lo que usted desea para que el o ella le pueda hacer de su sueno realidad.

Suerte y gracias por la pregunta.

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Recommendation on silicone implant size

+1

When you decide on the implant size, it should be discussed between you and your plastic surgeon.  You are tall and slim; you should be able to carry 500 or 550.  However, without examining you for your chest width/height/breast tissue thickness, I cannot give you the exact recommendation.  Given that you are filled to 450cc and wants to increase the size by 1 cup, I would think 550cc would be better.  Talk with your plastic surgeon and show her/him photos of your desired look as well.  Best wishes.

Sugene Kim, MD