Will Getting Silicone Implants on Top of the Muscle Give Me Natural Results. Low, Moderate, or High Profile? (photo)

Hello, I want to get silicone implants on top of the muscle for a full natural look. I have no interest in having big boobs, my main concern is fullness. I'm in the gym alot and have to do push-ups regularly so submuscular is not an option for me. I'm a b cup and have "wide" boobs that extend all the way over to my arm pits(side clevage), and my boobs naturally sit lower on my chest. When I'm laying flat on my back they tend to droop over to the sides :/.. what are best options? thanks :)

Implant projection

+2

In a nutshell, a low or moderate profile implant will tend to give you a more natural look while a high profile implant will tend to give you a more obviously augmented look.  

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Will Getting Silicone Implants on Top of the Muscle Give Me Natural Results. Low, Moderate, or High Profile?

+2

First thing is to figure out how much added volume is needed to reach your goal. I prefer having patients try on implants. Once an approximate size is chosen, many surgeons will pick profile by choosing the implant close to the desired size whose diameter most closely matches the width of your breast.   With a modest sized implant, any profile should look quite natural given the amount of breast tissue you have. 

I would recommend at your consult considering form-stable implants, Allergan style 410, which may give you more upper pole fill than the round implants. 

All the best. 

On top or under muscle? low or high profile implants?

+1

You have a fair amount of breast already, so over the muscle would be fine for you. Actually behind the muscle would be OK too even though you exercise a lot. You would have to wait several months before resuming the pectoral exercises because in my 40 years experience, I have seen pectoralis exercises encapsulate breast even 20 years after the procedure is done--whether they are in front or behind the muscle.

Size: Keep the implants as small as would make you happy. If small implants encapsulate, the deformity is less apparent. Try on "sizers", not implants, and try to decide the size that best satisfies your goals.

Shape: high profile, medium or low profile? You already have lots of breast tissue under your arm. I think a high profile would help pull some of this out to the front of the breast, but your PS should do measurements to assure the proper fit.

Good luck. I expect regardless of the shape, you will look great because ofthe amount of breast tissue you have. already.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

What's most natural for me? Low, Moderate or High Profile?

+1

You have a good amount of your own breast tissue so going above the muscle wouldn't look terrible but I typically go sub-muscular because it does look more natural and is better for mammograms.  Fullness can be achieved with a moderate plus or high profile implant but I would steer away from a low profile as it can be too wide for your body.  Your surgeon will take measurements and let you know what your options are. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Projection #breastimplants

+1

The profile and shape are all up to you and your surgeon depending on the goals you lay out. I think for an active athletic person like yourself with what appears to be breasts with adequate volume for coverage over the implant a sub-glandular implant is a good choice. I mostly place sub-muscular except in patients like you who are very active with the pectoralis muscles. The breasts moving to the sides is something you have to accept when you lie down. You do not appear to need a lift now but down the road you may need one as the skin stretches over time.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Under Or Above The Muscle?

+1

In your case, either behind or in front of the muscle will work.  Vigorous exercise is possible with either one.  If you choose in front, then definitely go with silicone to minimize wrinkling.  The profile is decided after you have decided on implant size.  Your surgeon will choose a base width that is approximately the base width of your breast.  This could be low, moderate or high.  For smaller implants, a low profile works best and for larger implants, a high profile is frequently needed.  You should chhose the size and let your surgeon choose the profile.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Over or under the muscle breast implants?

+1

In my opinion, under the muscle implants will give you a much more natural looking result.  You can definitely do push ups after the surgery once you are healed.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Is Putting Silicone Implants Over the Muscle More Natural?

+1

No, from the point of view of how women look after a breast augmentation, they can look as full and natural as they want with partial submuscular implants. The problem women get into with above the muscle is when they are too thin and the implants do not have enough soft-tissue coverage to camouflage the upper roundness. Then they look less natural.

In your situation, you would look great above or below the muscle. Doing push-ups a lot is no reason not to have them under the muscle. The only ladies who really need them above the muscle are the serious weight-lifting and body building ladies.  For them the exceedingly strong pressure on the implants can force them down and out, and obviously if there is movement of the breasts during a competition, that would not be helpful.

In your case, you are so close to the natural look you want, that a relatively small implant is all you need, and I actually think you would look better below the muscle, possibly with a limited dual-plane partially above the muscle approach.

The moderate profile implant would look most natural in your case, in my opinion.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Natural results

+1

You really need to define 'natural'... does that mean no one could tell you had implants?  If so, gel implants would be better.  As for above or below the muscle, you need to discuss the pros and cons with your doctor as I achieve quite 'natural' results when placed preferentially under the muscle (except for the muscle movement).  Size with external sizers to better appreciate if you are exceeding what your chest can comfortably accommodate.

Curtis Wong, MD

Silicone in Subglandular Poistion for Natural Looking Breasts

+1

You made a very important remark when you said your "boobs" were wide.  If you look at the nipple position, they too are widely spaced.  The important thing is that the implants are positioned so that the nipples are in the center of the implants.  You don't want the nipples pointed to the sides too much.  The implants should be close enough to the mid-line also so you have natural looking cleavage.  Therefore you will need a wider implant to do all the above.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon