I have had silicone implants on my cheekbones, about 4 years ago. Is it possible to inject Radiesse into the skin over these?

Inject Radiesse over Implant?

+1

Thank you for your question. I am always nervous about injecting over an implant as the lumpy risk seems to be higher. The product seems to get too superficial for comfort. Perhaps a Belatero product will work. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Injecting #Radiesse into the skin over cheek implants

+1

Yes, this can be done but, as with all injections of filler, it has to be done carefully to avoid too much volume for a given amount of space. In general, for younger patients with tighter skin, less volume can be injected safely as compared with the same region in an older patient and/or someone who has looser skin. In the presence of cheek implants the overlying skin risks being compressed to too great a degree if a larger amount of filler is injected. All of these terms are relative, and depend on the judgment of the plastic surgeon, as well as other non-predictable factors.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Is it possible to inject Radiesse over a silicone cheek implant?

+1

It is definitely possible to inject Radiesse over a cheek that has been previously augmented with an implant. The implants are placed directly on top of the bone, so all of the soft tissue is above the implant. The Radiesse is injected into the soft tissue, so is in a different plane than the implant. I have performed this treatment many times with no problems.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon