I Have Silicone Implants in my Gluteus for 14 Years, my Concern is if I Need to Replace my Implants?

The Dr. that did my procedure told me I can stay with the implants for 15 years. I should get a check up to know how my implants are ? Please help me I'm concern about it. Thank you.

+1

If you are not having difficulties and you have a negative exam and the implants are similar to the ones placed in the US, you may not need to have them changed.

14 Year-old Buttock Implants

+1

Assuming that you had soft silastic buttock implants initially placed, they are structurally stable and do not break down or leak. There is no reason to have your buttock implants checked if this is indeed what you have. If they look and feel good, you should not be concerned.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Buttock Implants

+1

Buttock Implants in the United States is made of silicone polymer, soft rubber. It does not rupture. It can form a capsule, and capsular contracture, get displaced, collect a seroma fluid. An examination by the plastic surgeon is necessary to give any advise or medical treatment. MRI or CT Scan can show the condition and placement of the implant.