I Had Silicone Implants in 2005, Now Experiencing A Lot Of Pain. What Should I Do?

ive been experiencing some pain in my breast some burning and swelling in my arm pit a little weakness in my arm i was seen by a dr at my local hospital and had a scan he said that the ultra sound was normal but felt that he didnt examine me properly and told me to consult my doctor who done the procedure i felt as though i had been judged for having cosmetic surgeory and dont no what to do as im in alot of pain

Pain in breasts

+1

It is unusual to have pain in the breasts five years after augmentation.  It is certainly worth an exm by your surgeon. Many different things can cause pain and it should be evaluated.

Pain five years after Breast Implants

+1

Pain is never something that should be ignored.  I would recommend you see the surgeon who did your breasts if possible.  If you've moved out of the area, or he/she is not in practice, then schedule a visit with another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and have an exam. While the breast pain you are experiencing may or may not have anything to do with your breast implants, it is important to have it checked.

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain five years after breast implant surgery

+1

If breast pain presents years after breast implant surgery, it is important to rule out all common reasons of breast discomfort.

A complete physical examination, ultrasound or mammogram or MRI, followed if needed by complete blood work and possibly chest and spine x-ray will lead to a more specific diagnosis.

Breast pain or other breast symptoms should not be ignored and the evaluation should be prompt and not postponed.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain- What to Do?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you have been experiencing.

I would suggest consultation with your plastic surgeon  or another well experienced plastic surgeon  to rule out complications associated with breast implants.  Physical examination (rule out encapsulation)  and possible MRI ( rule out leakage)  will be helpful.

If you find that the breast pain is not related to the breast implants,  consultation with a well experienced OB/GYN may be helpful.