Are Silicone Implants for Pectus Excavatum in Men Safe and What's the Best Way to Avoid Shifting? Are They the Only Solution?

Hi there, I’m a 29 year old man suffering from pectus excavatum. A few years ago I underwent Ravitch surgery to correct my defect but I still have a noticeable concave chest. Thus, I‘d like to get a custom silicone implant for my chest and ask if the insertion of such implant is safe in terms of allergic reactions and poisoning. Also, what is the the best procedure to prevent the implant from shifting? Are custom silicone implants the only cosmetic solution to correct a concave chest? Thanks in advance.

Custom silicone implants forpectusexcavatum are safe.

+1

Custom implants for the treatment chest wall contour abnormalities are safe and manufacture after a temporary model is taken of the defect.

+1

Silicone has to be the most studies prosthetic product in history, and its safety has been well established. 

Best way to prevent shifting is to make the pocket just large enough to accommodate the implant. The implant can also be secured to the ribs with sutures. Other that the Ravitch operation and its variants, implants are it in terms of solutions. All the best.