3 Weeks Post-Op Silicone Implants, my Left Boob Seems to Indent In, WIll this Go Away? (photo)

its been 3 weeks. i have 421 cc my my right breats indents in. it depressing me. please tell me this will go away. my doc told me its fine and as they heal it will fill out nicely. but i just want to get another opinion. :(

Updated: I also wanted to add that my implants are infront of the muscle

Results of Breast Augmentation/Breast lifting?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  You have done a nice job at pointing out the  “indentation” you are concerned about.  Unfortunately, at this stage in your recovery,  it is really not possible to predict  the final outcome of the procedure.  At this point, continued to be patient  and wait several months before  evaluating the final results.

It is also in your best interest to avoid “depression” and  continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  continue to communicate your concerns and questions. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Breast lift with implants and early healing, an indentation

+1

It is too soon to tell whether or not this indentation will relax and smooth over time. You are very early in the healing process. It is very likely that as your swelling goes down, the indentation will go away.

Let your plastic surgeon know about this and inquire when he/she wants you to begin scar massage.  This could encourage the healing and smoothing of your breast over the implant.

You will have to have some patience with this. Time will tell.  It may take anywhere from 3 months to a year to settle out.

I hope this helps. Best of Luck.

Indentation

+1

Right now you have significant swelling, and it is way to early to predict how it will appear in 3-6 months.  Give it time.

Indentation/imperfections after augmentation/breast lift

+1

I believe that most, if not all, of this indention will smooth out over time. the implant will place pressure in this area simply due to gravity. Skin likes to relax to a resting tension close to 32mm of mercury. (absolute number less important than the fact that there is a known resting tension of skin and when you place tension on skin for shaping above this pressure, it will relax over time. 

Trust your doctor. This is a very difficult surgery and it takes time. Revision rates are not uncommon with this procedure. 

Contour deformity of skin after subglandular breast augmentation with lift

+1

Please do not be depressed. You are still very early in the healing process. Contour deformities of the breast after implant placement usually work themselves out. Skin and underlying tissue have an amazing ability to re-shape and conform. In the meantime, keep communicating with your PS and wear appropriate support to achieve best possible outcome. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

You need to wait

+1
You just had surgery and your final result will take 3 months. If you are not happy with your result after 3 months , you need discuss it with your surgeon. Augmentation with lift has very high revision rate because of complexity of the combined procedure. There is no intervention at this time to change the outcome.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast contour issues after implants

+1

You are very early in the post op period.  Most contour problems improve with time.  Discuss this with your surgeon who may want you to start massage of the breast.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Indent after breast implants with breast lift

+1

The indent in your photo is and issue with the breast lift pattern which was tailored tightly under the nipple causing the indentation. Breast lift with implants is more challenging, though imperfections in the skin envelope do have a way of working out over time. For now it will take several months for the breast and implant to settle in together. The indent just might give way as the skin relaxes, and if not can be revised to smooth things out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Indentation after silicone implants

+1

Hello

Your breasts will continue to change for another few weeks, so try to be patient and re-evaluate at 2 or 3 months.  Right now, folow your doctor's advice and hang in there!

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon