What is the chance of migration with silicone implant including titanium screws?

Silicone implant with titanium screws in cheeks and chin: chance of migration? (after 2 years? after 30?) Would airport security detect either the screws or the silicone (and detain me as a result)?

+1
I do not use screws to fixate the device. I have not had problems with migration.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Not a problem

+1
The implant is unlikely to migrate with the screws holding it in place, and titanium usually creates no problems with airport scanner, xray machines, or even MRI scanners.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not worry

+1
It is difficult to say how your silicone implant was placed and how well it was performed.  It is always a risk of any implant (even if secured with screws) of it moving.  I tend not to use silicone implants and feel that have a higher rate of migration (partially because your body walls it off as a foreign body and makes a slick pocket for it to move over time).  If it is secured, it is possible that it will decrease the risk.  The problem here is that we do not know how well it was secured.  Likely the risk of migration increases with time because your body does not incorporate it into its own tissue.  It is difficult to give a specific number or % risk. The screws should not affect airport or metal detector security because of their size, but will always be seen on dental and other x-rays. 

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon