Can Silicone Implant Show Thru and Open Incision Under Breast After Breast Lift with Augmentation?

I had surgery about a 1 1/2 months ago and still have an open wound under my breast where the T zone is, about the size of a penny, maybe a little bigger. I've been cleaning the area as directed by my PS but noticed about two days ago there is tissue or the IMPLANT itself? protruding from the opening. Is this normal? I don't see my PS for another two weeks. My implants were placed submuscular. Thank you in advance.

Implant exposure following an augmentation mastopexy.

+1

Exposure of the implant can occur following an augmentation with a lift. Particularly if there is difficulty with the incision healing. Once the implant is exposed, it needs to be removed as it will become contaminated with bacteria and risk of infection is high. The recommendation is for you to follow up with your surgeon as early as you can and not to wait 2 weeks for the scheduled appointment.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant at incision

+1

If your implant is showing through the incision, than it more than likely needs to be removed.  Once things have healed, the implant can probably be replaced in a few months.

Silicone implant showing through incision

+1

An exposed implant is a surgical urgency.  It is possible in some cases to salvage an exposed implant by washing things out and reclosing the incision, but the longer the implant is exposed the less likely this becomes.  Usually implants that are exposed need to be removed for a period of at least six weeks.  If your doctor sees an exposed implant and does not take an immediate step to fix the problem you need another opinion.

Open incision with Iplant showing?

+1

It is normal to have some wound issues after a lift with implants, but you should not see the implant. If you think the implant is exposed you need to see your surgeon ASAP and discuss your options with him, hopefully it is just your body trying to heal itself.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Sees implant through incision.

+1

It is never normal to see the implant! If it is even possible that you are seeing the implant, and it is, call your surgeon today, don't wait two weeks. You need to be seen and evaluated promptly. If what you are seeing is not the implant, continued wound care may be in order, but if it is, this is a problem that should be addressed now. Best wishes.