Are Silicone Hip Implants A Good Alternative To Fat Transfer? It's a New Procedure, What Are The Risks?

So are hip implants safe? I'v been searching for the answer to my narrow hips for years and I'm not convinced I have enough fat for transfer. I found a doctor...FINALLY...who's performing this new surgery of solid silicone hip implants to the hips but the only problem is there's NO information out there on it. I'm really hoping this is the answer for me but I dont want to be a lab rat. What are the complications? Is there a reason why hip augmentation hasnt been popular before?

Fat Grafting to the Hips vs Hip Implants..........

+2

Hip Implants are not a new procedure they are just very uncommon.  Implants placed in the hip region will feel fake and can look fake as well.  There are no FDA approved "Hip" implants.  They are usually custom made implants for that region. I haven't done hip implants in this region for years, primarily because of all of the above reasons as well as the fact that the Brazilian Butt Lift or even fat grafting to the hip area alone is so much better.  It feels more natural and I believe looks more natural.  It's all your own tissue, so there is virtually no chance of problems down the road, unlike implants.  

Hip implants

+2

Hip implants are not commonly performed but is not a new procedure either.

The implants I have used were custome made implants and that makes them a little expensive. The other issue is what approach or incision to use. I have used the intergluteal fold incision very simmilar to buttock implants, It is a far away approach but has been successfull. The risks are the same as any other implant.

Infection, bleeding, displaced implants, asymmetry, capsular contarcture, are few of the risks.