Which Silicone Gel Will Work Better Scaraway, Dermatrix Ultra, Kelo Cote, Scarprin or Any Other? (photo)

Thank you so much for answering my question, they are slightly hard and the skin feels itchy sometimes. They have been there for more than 6 years. Would like to try the silicone gel before going for injections, can you help me decide which silicone gel to try, since there are so many available out there, is there any that will work better for my type of hypertrophic scars ? Also, are these gels non-comedogenic ? I have oily and sensitive skin. Pls advice.

Fascinating

+2

Dear patient, the answer to your question is this: It does not matter! We don't know why silicone gels work! The best guess is that they help hydrate the skin and the ensuing massage help re-arrange the Fibroblasts and scars appear to improve. Use something that does not irritate your skin and is affordable. Kenelog shots and Diolite laser plus/minus Liquid Nitrogen treatments are a lot more effective.

Web reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918339/

Los Angeles Dermatologist