Silicone Implant Removed Due to Infection From Capsular Contracture. What are my Options?

My breast look terrible after removal of silicone gel implant . I am still planing to have it re place when my breast get better. please check the photo if they can still fix my right breast . i lost a lot of tissue that make it look so bad right now . Please help

Breast Reconstruction after Removal of Infected Breast Implant?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, your situation can be improved significantly. I would suggest you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and/or seek additional opinions regarding the best options available. Ultimately, it will become a judgment call as far as timing of the “reconstruction”. Generally, it is best to allow for the tissues to “soften up”. Again, in person examination will be critical in the decision making/planning process.

Breast Augmentation Gone Wrong

+2

I am sorry to see that you had problems with your silicone implant. You have an issue that will require release of your scar contractures and tissue expander to stretch the skin and finally an permanent implant.  I would bet several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons.

Best wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implants infection

+2

Infected breast implants need to be removed and infection treated.

After 6 months at least a new set of implants can be put.

Therefore in your situation you need to reevaluate the shape of the breast and size and the pliability of the tissue and will almost need a breast reconstructive process to achieve optimal results.

The puckering in the left breast sode and inframammary area look to be sutures. If they are permanent sutures they may need to be removed to treat infection. Keep in contact with your plastic surgeon through out the entire process and the breast can be fixed.

+1
You did not mention how far are you from the second surgery, when implants were removed. You need a staged breast reconstruction, that may warrant at least 2 stages and is not straightforward. First surgery will be aimed at releasing the scars and perform fat grafting. If all is well, in the second surgery, a submuscular implant is employed for augmentation using the other breast as a template +/- fat grafting.
 If the tissues are tight and tethered down, you may require an intermediate step to release the scars and place a tissue expander as a space holder.
You need to be examined in person for proper evaluation and advice.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS