What Size of Silicone Gel Implants is Best for a Petite Woman?

Hi, I want to get Silicone gel implants. I went to see a doctor in Miami. I am a 36B and have doubts if a D size would be too big for me.

I am 135 lbs, 5'2". Please advise. In my short appointment with Dr. O, he didn't really tell me what size of implant would be best for me so I'm still left with doubts.

The best size for you.

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Best Breast Implant Size for Petite Woman?

+1

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you communicate your goals as clearly as possible.  Therefore, I would ask that you bring in “goal pictures” of what you would like to achieve. It is also helpful to view pictures of breasts that you feel are too small or too big… Viewing goal pictures without clothing are most helpful.
I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

After direct examination and a full communication of  your goals, it is likely that your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with some guidelines as to what size/profile/ type of breast implants  will most likely help achieve your goals.
Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Silicone implants

+1

It is difficult to tell you what size implant will achieve the cup size you want.  An  exam and discussion are critical.

+1

This would likely require a mininmum of a 400 cc implant and silicone would most likely give you the best results. However, this is a highly simpllistic cursory statement and you would be better served by getting additional opinions or trying sizers.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Silicone gel breast implants and sizing

+1

The issue of silicone gel implants is largely unimportant regarding sizing. Properly done saline filled implants can look just like silicone gel implants.

Bra cup sizes are a very imprecise way of measuring breast size, but in general, A, B, and C cup size breasts relative to the chest around (which doesn't change in an augmentation) are the normal range and D cup size by definition will be out of proportion.

The degree of naturalness of the result is as important as size for looking proportional.

In my opinion, the only way to fit a breast implant and have it look natural and with at least a subjective knowledge of the size increase is to match a round implant to the width of the breast and choose a forward profile that will increase the breast size (unless the breast is unusually wide or narrow) by 1, 1 1/2, or 2 cup sizes from what the breast looked like to begin.

Pictures, computer imaging, and stuffing bras is not helpful in my experience. Fitting a breast implant and having it look right is more like fitting a dress for you with a dressmaker.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Claudiar

The size of implant is dependent on what you want, the physician bias and the amount of tissue and skin laxity of your chest wall. There is a range of size that will look "natural" vs augmented..... and this is the range which you and your physician will work within for you to be happy and have an excellent experience and result.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Silicone Implant Sizing

+1

Only you in partnership with your plastic surgeon can determine the appropriate size implant for you. Most plastic surgeons will offer you a sizing session, during which you can become confortable with a size for your situation. It is also important to find an implant which "fits your breast", meaning that the base of the implant is no larger than the limits of your breast.

What is the right implant size to use

+1

There is no one way to pitch the proper implant for a given patient. It begins with an interview and discussion about your goals for surgery. After examination of your breasts to take measurements, asses the degree of laxity if there is any, and only then have you actually size with implants. By this I mean placing implants in a sports bra to allow you to see in a full length mirror approximately what to expect. I would not do it any other way because what you see in the mirror is a little larger than you will be post-op. I would recommend you return to your chosen plastic surgeon and ask about sizing. Best of luck to you.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

The size decision in breast augmentation is yours.

+1

There are no sure methods for determining what cup size you will be or what a certain volume implant will look in your frame. You can look on websites that list patient height/weight and implant volume. Find someone of your height and weight and whose result you like.

Write down the volume and speak to your plastic surgeon specifically about that volume. He/she should be able to direct you based on experience and what your goals are. If not, I would suggest getting another opinion.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon