Silicone Gel Implants (Monobloc) 2 Years Ago. Now Feeling Air Bubbles/lumps?

my breast look fine and feel soft it's just that i can feel various lumps (like air bubbles). what could this be and doi need to worry? thank you

Lumps after a breast augmentation

It seems quite unusual what you are describing.  I would highly recomend an exam by your surgeon and he/she will probably recomend an MRI

Champaign Plastic Surgeon

1405 W Park Street
Urbana, IL 61801

Changes In The Feel Of Your Silicone Breast Implants Should Be Evaluated

What you are feeling is most certainly not air bubbles but likely the folds of the silicone breast implant shell. These can sometimes be felt along the bottom and sides of the implants where there is no coverage by muscle. They often do not become apparent for some time after the initial surgery as the breast tissue thins somewhat over time. I would go back to your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. If there is any doubt, you can get an MRI to make sure you do not have an implant rupture. A rupture can also create a lumpy feel.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

I would run to my operative surgeon to be examined and scanned. From your description it is of a concern. From MIAMI Dr. darryl j. Blinski

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Lumps two years after silicone breast implants

It is very common to be able to feel lumps, edges or folds in silicone gel breast implants, especially if the breast is thin. Women are sensitive to very small lumps and changes in the breast. We encourage all who have implants continue breast self examination, and most become familiar with the feel of their implants. If the lumps are different and you are unsure if you are feeling the implant a trip to ;you doctor is in order for an exam, mammogram, or MRI.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

See your surgeon.

Feeling lumps in silicone implants is a good reason to call your surgeon and have an exam.  It may be nothing to worry about but it can definitely be assessed during an exam or an ultrasound or an MRI. 

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Breast lumps?

If you are feeling breast bubbles/lumps you should probably see your physician for an evaluation. If you are early in your postoperative period, these are just air pockets that will get reabsorbed over the first 2 to 4 weeks.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

320 Superior Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Gel implants and lumps

If you are feeling lumps after implants, you shoudl probably get a thorough exam to evalute what they are.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028