Silicone Gel Implants (Monobloc) 2 Years Ago. Now Feeling Air Bubbles/lumps?

my breast look fine and feel soft it's just that i can feel various lumps (like air bubbles). what could this be and doi need to worry? thank you

Lumps after a breast augmentation

+2

It seems quite unusual what you are describing.  I would highly recomend an exam by your surgeon and he/she will probably recomend an MRI

Changes In The Feel Of Your Silicone Breast Implants Should Be Evaluated

+1

What you are feeling is most certainly not air bubbles but likely the folds of the silicone breast implant shell. These can sometimes be felt along the bottom and sides of the implants where there is no coverage by muscle. They often do not become apparent for some time after the initial surgery as the breast tissue thins somewhat over time. I would go back to your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. If there is any doubt, you can get an MRI to make sure you do not have an implant rupture. A rupture can also create a lumpy feel.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

I would run to my operative surgeon to be examined and scanned. From your description it is of a concern. From MIAMI Dr. darryl j. Blinski

Lumps two years after silicone breast implants

+1

It is very common to be able to feel lumps, edges or folds in silicone gel breast implants, especially if the breast is thin. Women are sensitive to very small lumps and changes in the breast. We encourage all who have implants continue breast self examination, and most become familiar with the feel of their implants. If the lumps are different and you are unsure if you are feeling the implant a trip to ;you doctor is in order for an exam, mammogram, or MRI.

peterejohnsonmd

See your surgeon.

+1

Feeling lumps in silicone implants is a good reason to call your surgeon and have an exam.  It may be nothing to worry about but it can definitely be assessed during an exam or an ultrasound or an MRI. 

Breast lumps?

+1

If you are feeling breast bubbles/lumps you should probably see your physician for an evaluation. If you are early in your postoperative period, these are just air pockets that will get reabsorbed over the first 2 to 4 weeks.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Gel implants and lumps

+1

If you are feeling lumps after implants, you shoudl probably get a thorough exam to evalute what they are.