What to Do About Silicone Injections Under Eyes?

i have silicone under my eyes and it makes me puffy and strange looking

Removing silicone from the lower eyelids with surgery in LA

+1

Silicone removal in the lower eyelids is tricky, but possible. I have performed these in the past with success. Surgery90210

Silicone Reversal Requires Surgery

+1

I would speak with a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon about your concerns. Unfortunately, the only way to reverse silicone injections is to surgically remove the silicone. There are some other options to camoflauge the results but this can involve additional fillers or fat.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Injections Under the Eye

+1

Silicone injections are considered strictly off-label.  Unfortunately, Silicone's reputation was largely built by unqualified physicians and sometimes unscrupulous non-medical personnel using a low-grade Silicone products.  Many adverse reactions occurred and it appears very unlikely that the FDA will ever approve more refined Silicone products for facial aesthetic use.  Since Silicone is not metabolized by the body and the only way for it to dissipate is via surgical removal.  The ease or difficulty of this process relate to the quality of the Silicone product and the skill of the original injector.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can't get rid of lower lid silicone

+1

Only surgery will remove this material which should never be injected in the lower lid (or anywhere else for that matter).  The material has infiltrated into the tissues and the lower lid will not allow enough tissue to be removed to "get rid" of all the silicone without severe complications.  Sorry...

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

There is no easy correction of Silicone under the eyes (or anywhere else)

+1

Silicone was touted as a wonder filler in Plastic surgery. Several times in its checkered history. Then its complications reappear, its use diminishes for 10-15 years or so and then it gets re-discovered (Just like the Jumanji game...).  There is no easy way to remove silicone. (You can try and ask the person ?doctor) who injected you with it. Short of an operation and a permanent scar there are no other treatments. Sorry.