Normal To Feel Soreness 4 Years After Silicone Breast Implants?

The last few days I have a had a little soreness in my right breast. I had silicone implants put in about 4 years ago. Everything looks and feels normal, no change in size and no pain when I touch, but I notice when I move certain ways or bend sometimes I feel a little soreness and sometimes a small shift. Is this normal? Is it possible my implant is just shifting and causing a little irritation? Please let me know if this is something that I should be concerned about.

Pain after Breast Implants

+1

What you are describing may be related to the breast implants. You should see your plastic surgeon to determine if localized scar tissue may be responsible.

Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Pain in chest

+1

With new onset symptoms it is always a good idea to get evaluated by your surgeon to make sure everything is ok. It could be as simple as musculoskeletal discomfort. But without an exam there is not telling.

Recent soreness around breast implant

+1
Try rest and over the counter analgesics. If symptoms persist, see plastic surgeon for good history, exam (ribs vs. breast gland vs. Implant), and possibly imaging studies to figure out what is causing the discomfort.

Steve Laverson, MD

Sudden Soreness 4 years after Silicone breast Augmenation

+1

The chest wall is not immune to the abuses we put our bodies through when we age and lead active lives. If you do not recall exerting yourself and if the sorenesss persists despite the use of conservative measures you may need this investigated deeper. An evaluation by your plastic surgeon and possibly a MRI would detect an implant leak and even early capsular contracture. 

Good luck. 

Peter A Aldea,MD

Soreness 4 years after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Often your symptoms may be related to musculoskeletal discomfort ( for example after exercise or other form of strenuous activity). If it persists for another week I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to rule out issues such as implant malposition,  early encapsulation etc.