Breast Implants Left Feeling Lumpy and Sagging After Breast feeding

I have silicone breast implants for 6 years. I have had 2 children, and breastfed them both without problems. I finished breastfeeding my son 8 months ago. since stoppin my breasts have shrunk and sag more than before. ivenoticed in my right breast along the edge of the implant near my armpit, it feels lumpy. They are not hard, when i press them with my fingers they feel squishy and move, if i rub my fingers along the edge of the implant towards my nipple i can feel ripples. there is no pain.

Signficiant breast changes after 2 pregnancies and breast feeding

+1

From your description, you have lost volume of your breasts and tissue thickness in addition to developing drooping following 2 pregnancies and breast feeding. As mentioned by others, this is call post-partum involution of your breasts. As a consequence, you are able to feel your breast implants even more.

One issue that you did not mention is if the implants were placed in from of or behind the muscle. In front of the muscle will be associated with even greater changes in feel.

You should have a plastic surgeon evaluate your situation including regarding the integrity of your implants and then determine what if anything needs to be done (or can be done).

Lumpy breast implants after breast feeding

+1

It is not unusual to lose volume after breast feeding, and there can be fold or ripples in a silicone breast implant felt in areas of thin cover such as along the side. My concern however is that you say that the implant is sagging more, almost squishy. Lumps are also not typical. A silicone gel implant that becomes very soft can indicate an implant rupture. It would be best to see a plastic surgeon and have them take a look.

peterejohnsonmd

Implants following lactation

+1

It sounds like you have lost breast volume following lactation.  This is known as post-partum breast involution.  It is normal following child bearing.  Your breast volume has thinned, and you can now feel the implant because it has less tissue overlying it.  The lumps you feel may represent rippling.  Even though silicone implants ripple less than saline, they can still ripple.  I would visit your plastic surgeon who placed the implants.  A good physical exam may reveal a lot.  Only an MRI can definitively evaluate the integrity of the implant.  Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

+1

Normal observation of the post breast feeding, the medical term is " involution". After the release of the hormone Prolactin is stopped to the end receptor organ (breast) the breast tissue shrinks or involutes. Thus the edges of the pre pregnancy implant can be felt. Also the loss of the elastic response of the breast skin dermis cause the "saggy" effect. It sounds as if you are a candidate for exchange of implants to a slightly larger size and a breast lift of some type. Since you opted to not post a photo than the type of lift can be determine in an inperson evaluation by a boarded PS. Best regards. 

Implants after breast feeding

+1

It sound slike your breasts have lost some volume after pregnancy and now you are felling them more.  Lumps should not be present, and this should be evaluated by your doctor in person.  Good luck.