Silicone Breast Implants Size

Can a 450-cc Silicone implants make a B cup to a D cup?

It can but there are other considerations

+2

It is important not to focus on absolute cup size when inquiring about breast implants. The most important thing to determine is what looks best for you. A 450cc implant will look different on a person with a narrow frame versus a wide frame. The best idea is to have your plastic surgeon let you feel a sample 450cc implant, look at it when placed over your breast, and decide if it will give you the look you want. Good luck.

Dr. Cuber

Edison Plastic Surgeon

It may, but I wouldn't focus too much on an absolute implant volume

+2

While it's good I think to have a general idea of what implant size you can expect to end up with to achieve the results you want, I think it's more important to have good communication with your surgeon so that he or she knows exactly what your goals are. This communication will allow him to make the best judgements at the time of surgery to give you the final result you want, and in your case, that may involve an implant that ends up being a bit smaller or a bit larger. In the end, it's not the implant size you end up with, but the breast size, shape, and balance with the rest of your body that really matters.

Good luck!

Dr. Salemy

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Focus on what just looks right

+2

It is unfortunate that we don't have a better system than cup size because it is so innaccurate. Trying on implant "sizers" in a D-cup bra or the rice bag trick mentioned below are good ways to start, but decifde if it looks proportionate on your body without thinking about the cup size per se.

Richard Baxter, MD

Probable for you to achieve D cup

+1

To be truthful, it is a hazard to guess about this as so many factors come into play. Not least of which is the fact that different bra's may size you differently!

Having said that, it is very likely that you will achieve a D cup.

I like to size my patients with an actual implant that we are proposing to use. This gives the patient and me an idea of not only size, but of shape, and overall proportion. It is great in that it gives both of us a good sense that we are understanding each other. Perhaps you should give that a try!

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Try it out.

+1

As there is not standard in cup sizes, you should experiment. Take a measuring cup -- fill it with 450cc of rice and put it in a baggie or stocking. Place it on your breast and see what size you are.

Rule of thumb is that 150 - 200 cc is one cup size - but it depends on your size, if you are 5' tall or 6' the same size implant will look different.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Probably yes...

+1

But use cup size as merely a guide, not a specific goal since cup sizes vary and bras fit differently as you know. Also, implant volume by itself does not relate to cup size increase. I owuld caution you to judge your goal and results on looks, shape, and proportion, not absolute cup size.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD