Opinion on Silicone Breast Implant Size?

Iam booked in to have 300cc high profile silicone breast implants above the muscle on Thursday. I am 5"4' and weigh 52 kg at my ideal weight. However, I am about 56 kg at the moment. I am a size 10B bra. I would like some opinions of whether 300cc high profile implants will look very fake and huge on my build? Thank you.

What did it look like when you tried them on in a bra.

+2

The size should to a large extent be your choice. You should try on different sizes in your bra of choice and decide what size you like. Your surgeon can advise you if you are going too large, but it should be mostly up to you. It's your body; it's your life.

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Choosing the right implants

+1

I suggest to things to my breast augmentation patient in order to choose the right size. First, bring in some photos of breasts that you like from the internet or magazines so that youre surgeon can help you determine the right implants size. Second, I have my patients take actual implants and place them into their bras to get a rough estimate of how large they want to be. Give it a try, and good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

High Profile in Oz

+1

We in the US aren't as qualified to help you with an opinion on how "natural" your results will be. I'd urge you to revisit this with your consultatnt. Many of our Oz colleagues favor the textured silicone implants in the subglandular plane. Two observations: a) Texturizing may result in more visible ripples but also provides greater stability to the breast (ie it doesn't tend to sag as quickly); b) the subglandular position always gives a more ample bosom, compared to the subpectoral plane. This is an important decision for you. Resize with him, before your surgery. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

3D Simulation, look at photos, try on implants

+1

An experienced cosmetic plastic surgeon has many tools to help visualize the size breast that you want.

You should be able to look at pre and post photos of women of various heights and weights with different size implants. It takes the surgeon some years to become experienced and collect photos of his own work that are useful in communicating with patients.

A sizing consultation using different size bras and implants helps patients choose their implant size.

Today, a few surgeons are offering their patients computer simulations that create a visual image of the surgical result using different size implants. My practice uses the Portrait 3D system. We create a three dimensional image of the actual patient. The simulation allows me to "implant" any breast implant into the image. My patients and I can compare implant size, shape and location above and below the muscle.

You and your surgeon should be able to communicate and choose the correct implant for you/

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizig

+1

What you are describing sounds within range, but it is always difficult to tell you without seeing you and further measurements. But what I can say, is that going in front of the muscle is not always the best option and you will have increased rippling and a more "fake" look afterwards.

Most surgeons in the U.S. will place the implants behind the muscle to help decrease rippling and give a bit of a more natural appearance.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

"fake" appearing breast augmentation with implants (under versus over)

+1

Given your size and weight and current breast size (B cup) it sounds as if you should have a reasonable increase in cup size to a full D.

In regards to whether it will look fake, that will depend on clothing versus appearance in the nude>

Furthermore, if this is a serious consideration , you may want to consider placeing the implants under the muscle to soften the appearance of the upper portion of the breast which can look more prominent if you are placing the implants over the muscle.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

The best person to answer this question is the surgeon who has examined you and discussed the options and the potential advantages and disadvantages or "tradeoffs" with you. If you are unsure please call your surgeon and schedule a visit as soon as possible.

There are some generalizations that may apply and help prepare you for additional questions to ask your surgeon.

1. More "soft tissue" coverage of the device may allow for a more natural result. Or conversely if there is very little tissue covering the device the more the result has the shape of the device. In thin patients a high profile device placed above the muscle may look more round and have more of a obvious transition or step-off in the upper breast.

2. High profile implants may make sense for patients with adequate soft tissue coverage, the desire for a "full" result and relatively narrow width of the breast.

3. It may be ideal to have at least 2.5 to 3 cm thickness of soft tissue in the upper portion of the breast to consider placing an implant above the muscle.

4. In thin patients, with inadequate soft tissue coverage High Profile implants may have a higher incidence of complications from over stretch of tissue e.g. implants ending up too close, too far apart, or bottoming out over time.

John E. Gross, MD

Implants and final size

+1

It is difficult to offer advice for a specific implant without examining you.  300 cc's on one person may be small where on another person it may be large.  

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

1) It is not fair or reasonable for the patient to have to worry about picking breast implant size. This is part of your surgeon's job, and you have to trust him or her to do it.

2) Your surgeon needs to understand the look you want (show your surgeon pictures!), and he needs to study your anatomy.

3) Your surgeon needs to have a selection of implant sizes and shapes available in the operating room.

4) Your surgeon needs to put disposable implant SIZERS into your breasts during surgery to actually see which size looks best. Only then, the sizers are discarded and the correct permanent implants are opened. This way there is no guess work.

5) 300 cc's might be a little large.

6) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my web site.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)