Advice on High Profile Silicone Breast Implants?

I went for a consultation the other day and the plastic surgeon recommended high profile 475 cc silicone breast implants. I like how the moderate profiles look, but I want bigger than what I got (350cc). In addition, I want to use my existing incision point, my nipples, and from what I understand, the larger silicone moderates are hard to get in via nipples. I am scared the high profiles will look fake. I do have very broad shoulders and a slim waist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Naturalness of appearance will depend on your tissue

+2

There are several things your surgeon may consider when recommending high profile implants for you. One of the most important is the amount of and quality of your existing tissues. High profile implants may have a tendency to stretch your existting tissue more due to their increased projection. You didnt mention whether your current implants are above or below the muscle. in general the more tissue you have on top of the high profile device the less likely you are to see a contour change or "step-off" in the upper portion of the breast.

Your surgeon may have measured the width of your breast. If your current implants already fit the width of your breast well and you have adequate tissue coverage then using a higher profile device is one way to achieve your goal of increased fullness.

There are trade-offs in all the decisions which an experienced plastic surgeon can discuss with you after an exam.

Hi profile breast implants

+1

I use both hi and moderate profile implants. They do look different. Look at photographs of former patients by your surgeon. You should discuss what you want to achieve and what he/she can reasonably do. The internet is no substitute for a thorough examination and evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Frankfort Plastic Surgeon