Cup Size After 425cc Silicone Breast Implants?

I'm 5'6" with a 34C breast cup. I want 425cc silcone breast implants. What cup size will I be afterwards?

Cup size after 425cc silicone breast implants?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

425 cc after a "C" cup

+1

Adding a 425 cc implant to a breast that is a "C" cup may bump you up to a"DD" or so. Hard to say for sure. 

Breast Augmentation and Sizing

+1

What I would ask you is what are you looking for in this surgery? What are you trying to accomplish? It is very difficult to say what cup size you would be. I would say you are looking for a look and you should try to obtain the look you are going for. If you came up with this 425 cc by trying on sizers then so be it. You will see what cup size you will be after the surgery. Every place you would go would have a different way of sizing you and would tell you that your are this or that cup size which would be different at other places.

Having said that, you would likely be somewhere around a full D to DD, which are basically the same.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Choosing bra size after augmentation not possible

+1

There is absolutely no conformity with bra manufacturers so I tell all my patients I cannot promise nor guarantee a cup or bra size from augmentation, lift or reduction surgery.

I have my patients place the implant to be used in a sports bra and then view herself in the mirror. This is the best guesstimate of a post-operative breast size.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast implant size and cup after 425 cc.

+1

There is no one who can provide you with a definitive answer. You're best bet is to go to websites that stratify paitent's before and after pictures according to height, weight, implant, volume, etc. Try to search for individuals that are more similar to your size. Compare your body to their's. After a while you will gain an appreciation for the size you will become. Alternatively you can try commercially available breast implant sizers.

Cup size, good question

+1

Dear Cay,

The question is a good one because it shows what so many patients do -- they come in requesting a size implant for any number of reasons. As a plastic surgeon, I must sit down and ask you what your goals are in terms of results. What size do you want to be is more important than if I get 425 cc implants what size will I end up.

The size depends on many factors including current volume of breast tissue, position of the nipple, how much drooping is there, have you had any children and did you breast feed, what is the skin quality, and the dimensions of your chest and breast. You also must consider that there are three basic implants that are 425cc - moderate profile, moderate profile plus and high profile. All will yield different results.

As you can see the question is not easily answered without evaluating you. When you meet with your plastic surgeon discuss all of these aspects with him or her so you will get the result you want. Good luck with your future surgery.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after 425cc

+1

Without knowing your breast measurements (height and width, level of the nipple/areolar complex, laxity of skin, etc) as well as the proposed placement subglandular, submuscular, subfascial)and type of implants (low, medium, high profile, etc) it would be difficult to say what your cup size will be afterwards, but adding 425cc to an existing C cup may make you disproportionately large, unless you have a wide frame to begin with. Discuss this thoroughly with your surgeon and "try on" different sizes, shapes, etc.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Average of 2 cup sizes

+1

In general, each cup size is 150-250 cc depending on breast diameters. With a 425 cc gel implant you will likely be a full D. This is not a perfect science as different chest shapes and diamters will influence this final size.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS