Silicone Implants Above Muscle to Prevent "Bubble Effect"

I am 29 I weigh 125 am 5'3 and have a slender/athletic body type. I have had two kids both of which were breast fed. While breastfeeding I went to a 36 DD, currently I am a 34 C. I have a fair amount of sagging and extra breast tissue. I saw 2 different surgeons one of which said I should have saline implants placed below the muscle The second recomended that I have silicone implants placed above the muscle to prevent the "bubble effect"

Implant Placement

+1

There are a number of reasons to recommend placement of the implants behind the chest wall muscle.  The muscle will help to hide some of the ripples that may occur.  This problem is of particular concern with saline implants and in women who are thin with minimal fat and breast tissue.  Submuscular placement generally makes mammography easier and reduces the risk of capsular contracture.  As already noted by another physician, your risk of having a "double bubble deformity" is related to positioning of the implant below your breast crease and not to the location of the implant pocket.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Implants Above Muscle to Prevent "Bubble Effect

+1

With a slender body type, you are more likely to decrease the chance of a buuble effect with a moderate profile and under the muscle placement

Bubble effect

+1

I prefer placing implants below the muscle. I do not think it has any impact on forming a double bubble. This can happen when the fold is disrupted.