I Had Silicone Breast Augmentation 8 Months Ago and I Feel Like There's Lumps Deep Inside in the Areola Part on the Left Breast?

Since the surgery i always felt the left side never felt normal like the other side. If i jogged it felt weird and aerola was always sensitve on the left side. Now recently noticed that when i bend over it feels like there's a popping feeling and when i palpitate the areola i feel like hard, rough kinda lumpy tissue deep inside just under the areola. Just wondering if you've heard of anything alike? It feels like a pressure point like maybee the implant is hooking and then it pops. I guess also worried of possible scar tissue...

Lump after breast augmentation

+2

Sensitive areola and popping feeling is not unusual soon after breast augmentation.  As nerves grow back and swelling comes down after breast augmentation, patients often times have very sensitive areola/nipple.  That may last several months to year.  In regards to your lump, you should have your plastic surgeon examine the area.  It is most likely a benign mass/cyst or scar tissue.  However, you want to make sure that it is not malignant.   After examining you, your plastic surgeon may recommend ultrasound +/- mammogram.  Good luck to you.

Need a little more info...

+1

Two questions...  Was the implant placed beneath the muscle??  What type of incision was used?

If a periareolar incision was used, this could be scar tissue.  If the implant is under the muscle, it's probably not the implant that you are feeling.

Hypersensitivity is common after breast augmentation.  It can take up to a year to improve, but maybe permanent.  The lumpy tissue can be scar tissue, normal breast tissue, a cyst, or something more ominous.  I would definitely have your breast surgeon examine the area.  You may need further tests (ultrasound, mammogram), but your doctor should advise you after an exam.

Good luck, keep us posted

Gregory Swank, MD
Hickory Plastic Surgeon