I Had Silicone BA 2 Years Ago but Now All of a Sudden I Am Feeling Great Discomfort on Right Side?

I had 310cc implanted and all has been fine so far with a little nipple sensetivity especially on that side. However last night while in bed it felt very uncomfortable and annoying. I then woke up in the middle of the night and the pain has gotten much worse. Where it now hurt when I press the breast and raise my arm. I am quite worried!

Pain two years after breast augment

+1
Pain intense enough to wake you up should be evaluated by a physician. There could be many causes, including capsular contracture, infection or underlying issues. See your plastic surgeon in followup.

Pain in breast

+1

New onset pain in the breast that woke you up in the middle of the night  should be investigated.  Contact your doctor.

Sudden breast pain

+1

I agree with the previous posts for causes, but would also add that I have seen breast infections arise suddenly and present with pain at first.  This could be serious if an infection involves your implant....see your surgeon soon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Any sudden change in your breasts warrants a visit to your plastic surgeon for an assessment

+1

if you do experience a sudden change in your breasts that does not improve over a day or two, you should contact your plastic surgeon.  This is rarely an emergency so you do not have to worry if your surgeon can't see you immediately.  Most common reason why you would experience pain would be either an injury or capsular contracture.  Injury could be something small, such pressure or movement which at the time didn't seem significant.  You may also have a fold/ripple in your implant that has created a pressure point in a sensitive area.  Finally a capsular contracture may form.  This is when the capsule (the scar tissue around the implant) tightens/contracts.  However this usually happens over time and before it becomes painful, a capsular contracture is painless and is diagnosed by implants feeling hard and the breast shape looking rounder, tighter, and displaced

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCS
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Discomfort two years after breast augmentation

+1

Discomfort/pain 2 years after breast augmentation may be due to 1) trauma such as vigorous activity/exercise or 2) capsular contracture (scar tissue formation around the implant).  If you discomfort persist, you should visit your plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Breast pain 2 years after Augmentation is not common...

+1

Spontaneous and progressive pain 2 years after breast augmentation is not common. There are a myriad of potential causes.  You should return to your surgeon for an evaluation.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon