Silicone 410 Implant Edge (Dual Plane) is Visible and Palpable Under the Armpit. Options?

I just discovered that when I'm laying face down, my left breast is looking horribly fake because of a very visible edge of the implant under the armpit. I had pain issues with that breast for 4 months after the surgery. Right breast is perfect. What went wrong, and what are my options? The implant is 290cc Allergan 410, dual plane approach. The implant edge on problem side is right under the skin, while on perfect side there is definitely more than just skin covering the implant. Thanks!

Palpable edge on a 410 implant.

+2

The bottom line is that for whatever reason, you have a thinning of the soft tissue on the side of your breast which has made the implant edge palpable. Best advice is to return to the surgeon who placed the implant for options. Improving soft tissue bulk is not an easy task, however some success with acelluar dermal matrices has been reported.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant palpable

+1

This could be do to the fact that the right implant is displaced laterally and also there may be more soft tissue coverage oin the left than the righ and hence you can't feel it.Maybe a little soft tissue augmenation with you own fat to add some bulk there may help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Visible/Palpable Under Armpit?

+1

As you know, without examination or viewing photographs, it is difficult to give you precise advice. Based on your description however you may be  experiencing breast implant displacement laterally (towards the outside/axilla).  If this is the case, surgical revision may be necessary to close off the breast implant pocket laterally ( in order to prevent movement of the breast implant into that area).  This procedure (capsulorraphy)  will serve to limit the movement of the breast implant and may (potentially)  help with your symptoms.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for more precise advice after examination.

Silicone 410 implant edges

+1

The 410 implant is a very cohesive implant which will hold its shape and the edge may be visible if the breast cover is thin. Most of us don't have this implnat available to us for augmentation so have your surgeon take a look. Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Implant issues

+1

WIthout an exam, it is difficult to say what is going on. No two breasts are exactly the same, and you m ay have less soft tissue coverage on that side.