Pain and Swelling from Nasal Implant

i had silicon nasal implant 5 month ago, since 2 weeks i had pain and swelling at the sides of the colomella, iwent to my surgeon and he prescribe me an antibiotic the pain and swelling was reduced, but today it regain again, do i have to remove my implant or it may be cured without removal of the implant?

Risk of infection with facial implants

+1

The fact that you responded to the antibiotic would indicate that there was an infection. I assume the symptoms returned despite continued used of the antibiotic. That is usually a bad sign in that an infection around foreign material cannot usually be cleared by the body even in the presence of antibiotics until the foreign material is removed. The best doctor to make the decision to remove the implant is usually the surgeon who placed it.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.