Silicone Implants Under or over Muscle?

Location of Breast Implants

+1

In my opinion,  there are numerous advantages of sub muscular (dual plane) breast augmentation. This  implant positioning will give you the best long-term aesthetic results and reduce the chances of complications such as significant rippling/comparability/ encapsulation and interference with mammography.

Silicone implants under the muscle

+1

I usually recommend my patients to place the implants under the muscle. I see patients with implants placed over the muscle who present several years down the road with visible rippling noted on the upper part of the breast.  Placing the implants under the muscle prevents this potential problem.  There are obviously cases that may not allow for placement under the muscle and a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon should help with that decision. 

Good luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Above or Below the Muscle

+1

In most cases, I recommend that my patients go under the muscle to achieve the most realistic results. Consult with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a recommendation based on your specific needs and concerns. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon