150lb, 5'5 - Recently Got Silicon Implants 310 High Profile: Will I Be a Full D Cup?

Bra cup size and volume of breast implants

+1

Your final cup size will be your present cup size plus the size of the implant. A 310 cc implant may be good for two cup sizes providing your chest size is a 34 or less. An example is: if you are a full 32 B, a 310cc could put you into a small D cup. If you are a 36 A, you will probably be a 36 C. The high profile will give you more projection but not as much fullness as a moderate profile. If you are a full C, a 310 cc implant may give you a D cup or even a full D cup. There can be no guarantees as to cup sizes. It's best to go with the size that looks good in a bra with a sweater pulled over. This can easily be done during your office visit before surgery. Finally, it's important to know that different brands of bras will have different volumes for each cup size. In one brand you may fit in a B cup and in another the right size may be a C or even D cup.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Bra Cup Size After Implants

+1

Your final breast size will be determined by several factors. Breast size is a combination of initial breast volume, implant volume, and the size/diameter of your chest.  Another variable that will determine your cup size is the company that you are purchasing your bra from.  A silicone high profile implant with 310 cc's may be a B cup with one bra manufacture, but may be a C or D cup with another.

J. Gregory Kjar, M.D.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your final breast cup size depends on the amount of breast tissue you had before surgery. Adding 310cc to your breast could make you a D cup depending on your beginning cup size.

I use 3D imaging in my practice which reduces a lot of the guess work involved in selecting breast implant volumes. Patients can visualize what they may look like with implants before they actually have surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Will I be a full 'D' cup?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. This will vary also with your height, weight, and chest width.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, implant projection, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD